Junk, sediments, chemicals, microorganisms, heavy metals and other assorted items typically contaminate water from the municipal supply and the ground well. This is why it’s necessary to filter this water. People ignoring this will invariably end up contracting various waterborne diseases. This is why water filtration systems (such as Doulton filters) are so necessary these days. Water filtration systems typically feature a series of filters that eliminate sediments, heavy metals, chemicals and microorganisms from the water. This makes the water fit for consumption. It also ensures that the water tastes and smells good as well.
What Makes Doulton Filters Such an Attractive Proposition to Many Australian Households Nowadays?
In the 1800s, the Thames was the main source of water for the residents of London. But, the water in the river was unfit for drinking. In 1827, Henry Doulton invented the modern version of the ceramic candle sanitary water filter. He found that filtering water through a porous ceramic material could prevent people from contracting various waterborne diseases. Since then, Doulton water filters have become popular the world over.
These filters are increasingly becoming popular across Australia because they:
- Provide a highly effective barrier to particles and pathogens as the pore structure in the filter can filter out anything that exceeds 0.2 microns in size
- Offer long-term value as you can clean and re-use them
- Feature natural ceramic made from natural earths and coconut shell carbon
- Do not remove the minerals that are beneficial to your health
- Feature trace elements of silver to inhibit microbiological growth within the ceramic element and,
- Provide multi-stage filtration in one cartridge for safer and purer water
Are You Looking for a Top Notch Under Sink Filter?
For more than 30 years, The Water Shop has been the leading supplier of superlative water filtration systems in the country. Established by Vince Russell, we offer a diverse range of water filter systems. At our store, you will come across countertop, Reverse Osmosis (RO), alkaline, whole house and under-sink filters. In addition, if you require attractive faucets and taps, we stock those too. Besides this, we stock an extensive range of water filter accessories and spare parts too. You could use these for complementing or upgrading your existing water filter system. From Sprite shower filters to Doulton filters, we have it all. For more information, call us at (02) 9458 1111.